Ectomorph Body Type
Build Muscle Mass!
The ectomorph body type is the body where you have a hard time building muscle mass or gaining weight. This page will show you exactly what you have to do to gain weight and build muscle faster.
Ectomorph Bodybuilding Tips
- If you're trying to gain weight, and if you're working out more than 1 hour every other day, you are wasting your time, and will eventually begin to use your own muscle as a fuel source. Not good!
- If you're trying to gain weight, and you're doing lots of cardio, you will only make it harder, and again, will be using your own muscle protein as a fuel source!
- If you are trying to get stronger, but are not adding weight to your workouts every few weeks, you're going to make it drag out much longer than it needs to.
- Force your body to grow by adding weight gradually while still maintaining good form. Add 5lbs here and there for different exercise movements every week, and see how that works.
- If you want to build mass and aren't able to, be sure you're fueling your body correctly. Weight lifting, proper nutrition (fuel), recovery....
- At the beginning of your lift, for the first 6 to 8 repetitions, they should go up and down with SOME strain, but should begin to start feeling impossible by 9 or 10.
- If you have to jerk the weight around, right at the beginning of the movement, then you are using too much weight.
- By using too much weight, you will only put strain on your joints, and your intended muscle group will only get a half workout.
- If you are an Ectomorph body type, you should be doing movements that build mass, like Squats, Deadlifts, Bench presses, Shoulder presses, Clean and press, Bent Over Rows, Pull-ups, Dips.. If you aren't doing these movements, you will have a hard time building muscle mass.
- The best mass building movements, are Deadlifts and Squats.
- If you are trying to build mass, you WILL have to eat more.
- By manipulating your insulin levels, you will be able to increase your appetite.
- Try alternating between high sugar foods in one meal, then eat a complex whole unprocessed meal in the next meal. Switch between these two meal strategies throughout the day, and you will increase your appetite with the side effects of gaining more weight.Similar pages you may find very helpfulEating For Your Body Type
The Three Body Types
Can't Find What You Are Looking For? Ask!
Back To: Nutrition Page
Back To: Gain Muscle Mass Page 2.
Back To Muscle Building Home Page